Monday 15 October 2012




Pre-Production
I have learnt that organisation is the key to producing a good music video. I didn't realise how
difficult it can be to make sure that everyone in the class had a roll. We also had to rely on each other
to bring props and costumes in order for the video to be exactly the same. Fortunately there wasn't any
problems as everyone helped each other however there were times where people forgot to bring their costumes which made it harder but manageable.

Production
When it came to actually producing the video I learnt that there is a lot more to it than I thought. After a while I became familiar with the equipment and had an idea of how the shots should be taken in each frame. Even though we had a director who told everyone where to stand or how to act I still found myself and others helping and guiding people to do the right thing for the music video. As I was one of the main characters in the video I had to really make an effort in order to fit my character which was quite difficult at times but after a few takes we got it right.

Post production
When it came to editing our video clips to make it into a music video I learned how to use the software Adobe Premiere Pro Cs5 which I found extremely difficult at the start, but after a while I got the hang of it and didn't have any trouble using it when editing. I learned how to shorten and widen video clips and also found out how to speed up shots or put them in slow motion. I found that making sure the lip syncing was in time was quite difficult and frustrating at times but as I said after a while I was able to do this quite quickly which made the whole thing a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment